Watch this video now to make money as a Wedding Event Host MC
HINT: expand to the full screen
Do you qualify to take this course? Are there any prerequisites? What previous experience do I need?
You are perfect for the Event Host Masterclass if you have:
- Public speaking skills and want to make better use of this valuable resource
- Previous training via the Toastmasters Organisation
- A strong desire to see a live event exceed beyond the expectations of the audience and the organisers
- The ability to shine the light on others and make them feel special; in other words, it's not all about you. A great MC becomes a star themselves by making the guests feel like superstars !
- Experience speaking on stage in front of a live crowd
* Sorry but this course is not for newbie speakers or folks who need to cure their stage fright
The ideal Event Host Masterclass student:
- Is wanting to monetize their speaking skills by working as an Event Host MC at wedding receptions
- Is a graduate of the Toastmasters Organisation 'SpeechCraft' course
- Is a professional performer such as a TV presenter, actor, singer or musician, corporate emcee, compere, trainer, experienced public speaker and toastmaster, comedian, or magician
- Are ladies or men who have been asked to act as the Event Host MC at a friends wedding reception and need to know the exact procedures
- Are confident communicators who know the wedding MC role as the ultimate side-hustle
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Understand how straightforward hosting a wedding reception really is if you follow the advice techniques and templates set out in the course
- Handle all the stages of preparing, presenting, personalising, persuading and performing as an entertaining and organised Event Host MC
- See that MCing a wedding reception is not as difficult as described by many non-professionals and is, instead, one of the most satisfying jobs in the world
- Judge whether or not to pursue representation into a professional Event Host MC career with the International MC Directory
- Enjoy increased comedic timing and sharper spontaneity skills
- Be aware of how to market yourself as a live Event Host MC (Master of Ceremonies / Master of Ceremony*)
* the old-fashioned term "Master of Ceremonies" and "Master of Ceremony" is not used by professionals anymore as it is redundant and gender-specific.
What are you waiting for?
What others have been saying about this course:
Full of helpful information
The course was full of tips that I can incorporate in my next emcee event. Since emceeing is a solo job, it is quite rare to hear about experiences of other professionals. I enjoyed hearing about Peter's career and episodes that happened along t...
There is nothing like this. Gold for speakers looking for extra bucks.
The instructor has been very generous with his free content - there is enough there to learn a lot. So I had to sign up for the whole box and dice and what a career changing decision it was. Got my money back within 2 weeks - the whole course was ...
Amazing! Career Changing Course!
As a Public Speaker I have always been wanting to find a way to increase my skillset and my income. Boy, was I excited when I found Pete and this course. This course is full of valuable tips, skills, and methods that I could never learn on my ow...
Welcome to wonderful world of working as a wedding Event Host aka a Master of Ceremonies or MC.
You’re about to learn the insider, trade-secrets to being a super-successful Rockstar Event Host; which just happens to be one of the best jobs in the world.
As the leader of the event, you make a major positive impact in the lives of, not just the bride and groom, but all their family and their friends.
It’s the Event Host MC who brings all the preparations, the dreams and desires together for one memorable occasion. You’ve got to get it right and I’m here to guarantee that you do.
EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS gives you all the tools needed to build real rapport with a crowd, deliver speeches and anecdotes with confidence and passion, and become known as the “Fun MC.”
Learn the secrets to getting paid as the public speaker who leads an elegant wedding reception using the power of their personality.
How to project your Voice
Marketing your services
How much $$$ to charge
- TEXT Stage One "How To Prepare' briefly outlines what you can expect to learn in this section. FREE TRIAL
- PDF work Stage One 'How To Prepare' EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS FREE TRIAL
- VIDEO 1-1 Even super-experienced MCs use a detailed Run Sheet at every single event FREE TRIAL
- VIDEO 1-2 Clever event hosts build bridge time into their runsheet so things so smoothly
- VIDEO 1-3 Successful MCs listen and then incorporate their clients ideas into the Run Sheet
- VIDEO 1-4 Rockstar MCs get everyone on the same page
- VIDEO 1-5 Savvy MCs meet their clients in an appropriate setting
- VIDEO 1-6 Rockstar MCs elicit the best stories and anecdotes by getting personal
- VIDEO 1-7 Pro MCs set the groundwork for attaining Honorary Family Status
- VIDEO 1-8 Organised Event Hosts clarify the venue arrangements and meal
- VIDEO 1-9 Helpful MCs make informed suggestions that help the bride and groom celebrate in the best possible way
- VIDEO 1-10 Helpful MCs assist their clients to write kick-ass speeches.
- VIDEO 1-11 Organised MCs get paid at The Interview
- QUIZ Stage One - each question is taken from the corresponding video eg Q5 = video 5 FREE TRIAL
- Comment on your takeaways from Stage One of the EVENT HOST Masterclass FREE TRIAL
- Templates Wedding Party Details + Reception Runsheet + Interview + others
- TEXT Stage Two 'How To Present' briefly outlines what you can expect to learn in this section FREE TRIAL
- PDF workbook Stage Two 'How To Present' EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS
- VIDEO 2-1 Relaxed MCs use a checklist to optimise their time and reduce tension FREE TRIAL
- VIDEO 2-2 The MC’s Morning Checklist starts the night before
- VIDEO 2-3 Pro MCs dress appropriately
- VIDEO 2-4 The rockstar MC is as well-dressed as the best-dressed people in the room
- VIDEO 2-5 Energetic MCs embrace the power nap
- VIDEO 2-6 Organised MCs know where they’re going and are never, ever late
- VIDEO 2-7 Pro MCs start working as soon as they leave home
- VIDEO 2-8 Style-conscious MCs don’t wrinkle their attire
- VIDEO 2-9 The in-demand MC takes business cards to every event
- VIDEO 2-10 Tactile MCs absorb the atmosphere
- VIDEO 2-11 Professional MCs supply their own essential equipment
- VIDEO 2-12 Safe MCs test their equipment
- VIDEO 2-13 Pro MCs are attached to their Run Sheet
- QUIZ Stage Two - each question is taken from the corresponding video eg Q5 = video 5
- Comment on your takeaways from Stage Two of the EVENT HOST Masterclass
- TEXT Stage Three "How To Personalize' briefly outlines what you can expect to learn in this section
- PDF workbook Stage Three 'How To Personalize' EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS
- VIDEO 3-1 Confident Event Hosts are Appropriate, Articulate and Approachable FREE TRIAL
- VIDEO 3-2 In-control Event Hosts establish themselves as the leader from the get-go
- VIDEO 3-3 Astute MCs befriend the function manager
- VIDEO 3-4 Thoughtful MCs get everyone on the same page
- VIDEO 3-5 Savvy MCs triple-check the seating order of the bridal party
- VIDEO 3-6 Organised MCs ensure the professional’s table suits their own needs
- VIDEO 3-7 Dedicated MCs rehearse the Grand Entrance one last time
- VIDEO 3-8 Relaxed MCs take a moment to get in the right head-space
- VIDEO 3-9 Smart MCs uses the ‘forensic listening’ technique to appear like a mind-reader
- VIDEO 3-10 Investigative MCs laser-target the people who’ll supply the best stories
- VIDEO 3-11 Rockstar MCs build rapport with the bridal party by making them laugh
- VIDEO 3-12 A business-savvy MC gets a photo with the newlyweds
- VIDEO 3-13 Clever MCs use the power of the bridal party
- VIDEO 3-14 Relaxed MCs let the other professionals fulfil their roles
- VIDEO 3-15 Stress-free MCs check everything just before The Grand Entrance. Yes, again!
- VIDEO 3-16 Rockstar MCs get the Bridal Party excited just before The Grand Entrance
- QUIZ Stage Three - each question is taken from the corresponding video eg Q5 = video 5
- Comment on your takeaways from Stage Three of the EVENT HOST Masterclass
- TEXT Stage Four "How To Perform' briefly outlines what you can expect to learn in this section FREE TRIAL
- PDF workbook Stage Four 'How To Perform' EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS
- VIDEO 4-1 Funny Event Host's recognize funny situations FREE TRIAL
- VIDEO 4-2 Expert MCs understand their own sense of humour
- VIDEO 4-3 Pro MCs do not use dumb joke books
- VIDEO 4-4 Rockstar MCs never steal the limelight or take it too far
- VIDEO 4-5 Smooth Event Host MCs use segues and are Masters of Brevity
- VIDEO 4-6 Smart MCs use the same scripts at every single event
- VIDEO 4-7 Expert MCs write their scripts using the Zig Zag Effect
- VIDEO 4-8 Talented MCs create a one-off, extraordinary party atmosphere
- VIDEO 4-9 Adaptable MCs are ready to improvise when introducing children
- VIDEO 4-10 Conscientious MCs check if the bride is keeping her maiden name
- VIDEO 4-11 Tactful MCs say Grace at exactly the right time
- VIDEO 4-12 Motivating MCs build rapport by praising the bridal party
- VIDEO 4-13 Spectacular MCs set use humour to announce the photo booth
- VIDEO 4-14 Thoughtful MCs ensure the guestbook is used by all the guests
- VIDEO 4-15 Rockstar MCs use table shots for interaction
- VIDEO 4-16 Clever MCs know their limits
- QUIZ Stage Four - each question is taken from the corresponding video eg Q8 = video 8
- Comment on your takeaways from Stage Four of the EVENT HOST Masterclass
- TEXT Stage Five “How To Persuade” FREE TRIAL
- PDF workbook Stage Five 'How To Persuade' EVENT HOST MASTERCLASS plus supporting images
- VIDEO 5-1 Organised MCs prepare for The Speeches as the main course finishes
- VIDEO 5-2 Caring MCs ensure The Speeches gets videoed
- VIDEO 5-3 Supportive MCs prepare the speakers
- VIDEO 5-4 Considerate MCs ensure everyone has a beverage
- VIDEO 5-5 Savvy MCs defuse children before The Speeches begin
- VIDEO 5-6 Expert MCs set the stage for the speakers by building anticipation
- VIDEO 5-7 Smooth MCs introduce each speaker by using a seamless segue
- VIDEO 5-8 Smart MCs become interactive Event Hosts
- PDF Wedding Reception Games questions, rules, procedures, expectations and photos from the author's personal collection.
- VIDEO 5-9 Clever Event Host use games wisely to get guests involved
- VIDEO 5-10 Rockstar Event Hosts involve everyone in the cake cutting
- VIDEO 5-11 Experienced Event Hosts skilfully leave the dance floor full for the DJ
- VIDEO 5-12 talented Event Hosts grant hero status to the guests who can jump highest
- VIDEO 5-13 Energetic Event Hosts keep everyone having fun right up to the end
- QUIZ Stage Five - each question is taken from the corresponding video eg Q3 = video 3
- Comment on your takeaways from Stage Five of the EVENT HOST Masterclass
- VIDEO Conclusion.
Creator of the EVENT HOST Masterclass
A little about your instructor MC Pete Miller
Pete Miller won MC of the Year’ three times while authoring the two best-selling MC books used by every international MC making big bucks - YOU CAN BE A WEDDING MC and UP FRONT IN CONTROL.
To streamline the process of hiring MCs, Pete created the MC Directory showcasing the world's best corporate and wedding MCs.
His success is the result of tireless practice; fears faced and overcome; and mistakes made and learned from. You never find a more passionate and dedicated coach; or anyone more qualified to give you a step by step, secret by secret explanation of how to turn sedate guests into party animals.
Pete has wanted to make the EVENT HOST video masterclass for many years - as he believes that public speaking is better watched than read about. Finally, Pete is proud to present his Masterclass for those speakers wishing to extend their employment prospects and enhance their pay-packet.
If you want to accelerate your MC career, Pete is available for individual mentoring to graduates of the Masterclass. Otherwise, contact him to find out where the latest live workshops are being held throughout the world.
Its your time right now.
Turn your public speaking skills into money-making skills by learning how to work as an entertaining and organized wedding MC.
Learn from the best in the business and skyrocket your on-stage career.
Join the explosion in demand for professional emcees.